At times the fact that everyone receives a little something different based on their beauty profile in their monthly Birchbox leaves me wracked with jealousy as I scroll through peoples’ Instagram, Twitter, and blog posts. This month, my box is likely to be the one evoking a little envy, so apologies in advance.
Birchbox joined with Women’s Health Magazine to bring in spring with a “Tiny Tweaks, Big Results” themed box. After a brutal winter, I know I have a lot of tweaking needed to get my skin, hair, and eye area back in shape. I included my own little spring apartment tweak in the photo above — check out my new ikat pillowcase!
Here’s what was in my box:
- Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue: A fresh blend of blood orange, jasmine, and geranium notes.
- Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lipstick: User-friendly lip pencil in Starlet
- Ojon rare blend hair oil: Tricolored oil that combats dullness and frizz
- Supergoop! SPF 40 Anti-Aging Eye Cream: An eye cream with serious sun protection and oat peptide complex
- Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll On: Cucumber extract and vitamin goodness to reduce puffiness and wake up tired eyes
- Bonus: Kusmi Tea bags in Detox and Be Cool.
While general consensus seems to be a disdain for perfume samples, the citrus scented Atelier Cologne was one of my favorite products in the Tweak It Girl box, and this perfect postcard shared a little story on the back about the perfume:
“It was the kind of moment you want to revisit. Everyone was here, gathered on the terrace for breakfast, and the scent of fresh oranges was diffusing in the yellow heat. A symphony of their laughter and waves hitting the cliffs played in the air.”
That about sums up the scent much more eloquently than I could. I’ve been layering it with my Prada Infusion d’Iris in hopes of the above scene suddenly appearing in my kitchen. The postcard on the fridge will have to do for now.
This editorial includes affiliate links. See disclosure statement for more information.