Face Off will take two similar products and pit them against each other in order to compare the main selling points of each. The first Face Off falls under what I call the Basic Beauty category: body lotion. While it doesn’t have the glitz and glam of a bold lipstick, a good body lotion can transform your skin and serves as a vital part of my personal daily beauty ritual. After recently discovering Kiehl’s and Fresh’s lotions, I fell for both of them pretty hard and now cannot seem to figure out which one to buy full size.
|Image from Birchbox.com|
- The formula has been popular for over 40 years old
- The phrase ‘Creme de Corps’ is a fancy aka French way of saying Body Cream
- Truly fragrance free
- Price ranges from $11-$70, from 2 oz to 1 liter; standard size is 8.4 oz at $29.50
- Star Ingredients: Squalane; Beta Carotene; Cocoa Butter; Sesame Oil
- Contains Parabens
|Image from Fresh.com|
- Seaberry Oil has been used as a natural cure for generations in Siberia, the childhood home of Fresh’s co-founder Lev Glazmen
- The word Restorative in the title refers to seaberry oil’s restorative properties
- Lightly scented with a lavender fragrance
- Price point is $28.50 for 8.12 oz; only available in one size
- Star Ingredients: Seaberry Oil; Cranberry Seed Oil; Sal Seed Butter; Sea Lavender (note: also contains squalane but this is not advertised as a “key” ingredient)
And the winner is… still not clear to me. If you see a clear winner or have a preference based on trying either product, please help me out on this one by letting me know which you’d choose.